Watch the video and Demand Action Now
Add your name to our petition and make sure the Harrisburg knows that the safety of Pennsylvania’s streets are their responsibility, and that we demand action now.
As citizens of Pennsylvania, we call on Harrisburg to take a stand and make our streets and neighborhoods safer by enacting the following 5 reforms:
- Require comprehensive background checks on all sales of guns or ammunition: close loopholes that allow for the sale of long-guns by private sellers without background checks.
- Require PA gun owners to report lost or stolen guns: enabling Police to find missing guns before they become crime guns, and helping them to identify straw-purchasers.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Close the out-of-state concealed carry loophole: making sure that everyone who carries a concealed weapons permit meets PA’s standards.
- Work with federal partners to remove all assault weapons: firearms designed for military use and high capacity magazines have no place in our communities.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Ensure officials send all relevant data to the national criminal background check system. Thanks to our repeated calls for this action, we've learned that as of mid-January all PA’s 600,000 mental health records will now be part of the Federal background check system, ensuring guns stay out of the wrong hands.