Who we are
CeaseFirePA.org is owned by CeaseFirePA Action and CeaseFirePA Education Fund (CeaseFirePA). CeaseFirePA respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. We will not share your information with any third-party organization without your explicit permission to do so. Personal information you provide is stored in a secure location and is accessible only by designated staff. We will collect and use information through our Web site only in the ways disclosed in this statement.
Our website address is: https://ceasefirepa.org. CeaseFirePA does not actively market to children, and we never knowingly ask a child under 13 to divulge personal information.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
We use the EveryAction platform to organize our community of members, supporters, and prospective members. This site includes EveryAction forms for our joining our mailing list, contacting elected officials and donations.
You can read more about EveryAction and its policies at https://www.bonterratech.com/legal/privacy-policy
On this site we provide visitors with opportunities to submit statements to third parties, such as elected officials. By submitting such statements, visitors acknowledge that information such as name, email, and/or address (depending on which fields they fill in) will be sent to this third party along with their statement. This information may also be stored by our vendor EveryAction for future actions.
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
If you sign up for our SMS messaging list:
By providing your mobile phone number you consent to receive recurring text messages from Ceasefire PA. Message & Data Rates May Apply. Text HELP for Info. Text STOP to opt out. No purchase necessary.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have donated or taken actions via this website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-923-3151 to contact us.
We offer links to other websites. Please note: When you click on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.
How we protect your data
For site security purposes this website employs a software program to monitor network traffic and security exploits.
Data Storage and Security
The data we gather from users who take action or donate is stored on our provider Salsa’s servers, and the same security measures protect users’ data as protect their own internal data. They use industry-standard methods to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” anywhere on the Internet, we protect your data just as we protect our own. Furthermore, access to personal data is restricted within the organization and company, and all employees are aware that personal data is private.