CeaseFirePA is hiring a Digital Campaign Manager to build and implement effective digital strategies to expand our reach and empower Pennsylvanians to advocate for strong gun safety policies. To succeed, you will need to tell simple, powerful stories that reveal how small and large actions by citizens can end the devastation of gun violence on our communities. From writing persuasive narratives to crafting engaging visual content for social media to developing compelling web content, triple our online presence in the next two years while crafting a committed community of volunteers ready to engage in the real world and donate to CeaseFirePA.
You will work with our Executive Director to identify and execute digital campaigns that complement our field organizing and advocacy work, along with outstanding online projects to build a bigger movement. The best candidates will be able to drive message creation across the organization and assist with traditional media communications such as press materials and program content as well. You will need to:
- Develop and Launch Strategic Campaigns that Grow Our Online Reach using validated and experimental tactics to drive traffic, advocate for change, and drive small dollar fundraising.
- Craft powerful narratives in written and visual medium that quickly sum up information in a way that motivates action. Superb writing and editing skills to quickly alter messages based on the medium such as email, text, social media or offline organizing (and please let us know if you are proficient in other languages)
- Analyze Data and Identify Technology: Lead and scrutinize CeaseFirePA’s contacts in our CRM (Salsa) to improve engagement and assist in recruiting new supporters. Designing systems for advocacy and development staff to expand reach in online databases and coordinate offline volunteer activities. Complete meticulous analysis of data to report on campaign impacts and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with a team of organizers, advocates and fundraisers to amplify their work and identify messages that will help drive public action across the Commonwealth and hold elected officials accountable.
- Adapt quickly by handling multiple projects and rapidly synthesizing information to launch communications at a moment’s notice whether in response to a shooting or dangerous legislation moving in Harrisburg
The skills you bring:
- 4+ years’ experience in digital, communications and campaign roles helping plan, implement and evaluate communication efforts (1-2 years’ experience on digital tactics preferred)
- Superb writing and editing skills able to adjust communication based to appropriate medium such as print, digital or offline organizing (and please let us know if you if you are proficient in other languages)
- Proven track record to produce compelling visual content, including graphics, video, and multimedia • Highly organized individual able to drive multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality
- Familiarity with WordPress, Canva, Salsa is preferred (other web hosting, design, digital tools and CRMs required)
LOCATION: Philadelphia, Harrisburg or Pittsburgh. The position will be remote during COVID-19. We will consider other locations in Pennsylvania with strong preference for the three listed.
BENEFITS: Salary is $52,000-$62,000 based on ability. As a full-time position, the Communications Manager is eligible for our excellent benefits package including full-covered health care, paid time off, and our 401(k).
HOW TO APPLY: Send your application to Christian Soltysiak at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Manager”. It must include a cover letter, resume and writing sample that is at least 800 words in length. If you have visual communications materials, please provide a sample of those as well. If you have a location preference, include that in the email.
CeaseFirePA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We value a diverse workforce. CeaseFirePA encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, people with records of arrest or conviction, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply.